We’re seeing an increase in thefts from vehicles and on some occasions tools worth thousands of pounds being stolen 👀
There are some simple steps you can take to help prevent yourself becoming a victim of tool theft 🛠
Here are some tips to help you:
- Avoid leaving your tools unattended in your vehicles overnight.
- Keep your vehicle locked at all times, and park in a secure, well-lit area whenever possible.
- Consider investing in additional security measures, such as steering wheel locks, alarm systems, or vehicle trackers to deter thieves.
- Mark your tools with a unique identifier, such as your name or postcode. You can also register your tools at: www.immobilise.com to help us identify owners of recovered stolen tools.
- Remember, if you see any suspicious activity, especially near you vehicle, report it to us as soon as possible.
We take tool theft very seriously, and we’re committed to doing everything we can to prevent it. However, we need your help too.
By following these simple steps, you can make it much harder for thieves to target your tools when they’re inside your vehicle.
For more crime prevention advice visit 👉 https://bit.ly/3HTso2v
Detective Inspector, Juliet Heald