Winter Grants Fund Available
Barton Parish Council (BPC) have received a small Winter Grants Fund to help families who may be in need of some emergency help with food, fuel or other essential services. This fund has to be allocated by the 31st of March or returned to South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC). If you are a family in need of this help with at least one child under the age of 18 on 1st January 2021, then please contact the Clerk (Ian Minto) on 07742 256557. The Terms and Conditions are as follows:-
- This funding can only be used to help families in South Cambridgeshire who had at least one child under the age of 18 on 1st Jan 2021.
- This funding should only be used to help families with emergency provision of food, fuel or other essential services or items.
- BPC can either help individual families or help families in the community collectively through foodhubs or other community schemes.
- BPC will need to keep records of those helped and report these to SCDC at the end of March 2021. BPC will need to collect the postcode of the family helped and the support/funds they received and what this was for. If we are helping through community provision SCDC will need to know the numbers of people using the service.
- SCDC will ask BPC to provide information on a form of the expenditure we have made.
- SCDC will ask BPC for case studies or comments to show how the money has been used, but these will not be compulsory.
- All money must be spent or allocated by 31st March 2021. Any money remaining will need to be returned to CCVS.
- Organisations can use up to 20% of the funding they receive to cover the costs of delivering the support.
If you are experiencing difficulties and do not meet the criteria mentioned above, then please do speak to the Clerk as we may still be able to help.
Families wishing to apply for access to this grant need to speak to Ian Minto (The Parish Clerk) on 07742 256557.