Parking issues in Cambridge
Reminder and corrected email address
The Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP) has launched a period of public engagement on parking issues in Cambridge.
The engagement period will close at midday on Monday 21 March 2022.
Details, including an interactive map where you can drop pins and add your comments, can be found on the web page at http://www.greatercambridge.org.uk/ParkingSpring22
The kind of on-street parking issues and problems we would like to hear about include:
- where it causes delays and obstruction or affects the safety of road users
- local residents having difficulty finding on-street parking
- commuter parking affecting local parking needs
- where there is a lack of cycle parking
- where the provision of car club spaces could help reduce on-street parking
- lack of blue badge parking spaces
- where parking for access to public buildings and services/local shops is inadequate
- where loading/unloading bays are required
However, there may be other parking issues in your area that you may wish to comment on.
The GCP was asked by Cambridgeshire County Council to investigate on-street parking problems in Cambridge with a view to implementing further residents’ parking schemes as part of its wider City Access programme.
As well as addressing the need for further residents parking schemes, the GCP is also seeking to address wider parking issues across the city which would be tackled through the implementation of parking controls introduced on an area wide basis to help avoid displacing parking to neighbouring streets.
This work forms part of an integrated parking strategy that the GCP is developing with the County and City Councils which will cover both on- and off-street parking to ensure a joined-up approach in the way we provide and operate parking across the city.
Follow us on Twitter – @GreaterCambs
Follow us on Facebook – GreaterCambs
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please visit subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
This service is provided to you at no charge by Greater Cambridge Partnership.